Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Between DAPHNE and DAVE


I just finished watching Dave Chappelle's new NETFLIX special The Closer.
I understand why some people are upset but I maintain it's a very sticky situation.

We're from different generations and please believe there were people that were older folks that did not get Dr. King or Malcolm X or Marcus Garvey or Stokely and I can go on and on.

There are worlds of distance between people born in the 60's and 70's and people born in the 90's 2000's. No we're not all right and you younger people are not all wrong.

Here's my most honest thought.

The best part of the whole special was the last 20 minutes when he discussed his friend DAPHNE.

The fact that DAPHNE was trans-gender was of no note of all....until...it painfully was.

I respect that Dave explained that he will do no more trans jokes until he is positive that we are all laughing together. I know that many people calling for him to be "cancelled" missed that and perhaps the story of his friend Daphne.

I for one am glad I stuck around.
I am glad that I have the type of mind that can engage with a Trump supporter or Biden supporter. Neither scare me personally, neither make me super excited about the future. I can hold and discuss many different thoughts on sexuality, human rights, hidden agendas and not feel like people are my sworn enemy for seeing different...TODAY.

I just believe that in order for things to get better we do have to expand our thought process.

So if you can't co-sign Dave or if you are not sure what to make of  trans people....just try to remember the part of us that are "people." We all want to be safe and well. No matter who we vote for, no matter who we call God, no matter who we love.

My whole point is that I am less worried Dave getting cancelled (and I am) but more concerned about the safety and well being of this world's Daphne's and George Floyds and Elijah McClain' and Matt Shephards and I could go on.

Editorial Note: These thought are my own and do nor reflect the thoughts of our advertisers or sponsors.

                                               _________________________________

Thanks for Stopping By. 
Please support our sponsors and live events.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Souls On Canvas

ARTISTS WE WANT TO FEATURE YOU! CALLING WOMEN OF COLOR ARTISTS TO SUBMIT UP TO  4 PICTURES FOR OUR!  PREMIERE BLACK BUTTERFLY AWARD SPONSORE...