Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Mr. Ray's Deep Dope Note Of The Day: NUMBER ONE

 DO NOT MAKE YOUR KIDS DO CHORES




Just a quick note.
Black people are behind in education, health and wealth.
At least that is what numbers say.
I am not here to debate your personal situation.
If you like where you are in life? I LOVE IT!

Here's my note for today.
I don't believe in regrets...but I regret not seriously pursuing the life I love earlier.

So with that said.

DO NOT MAKE YOUR CHILDREN DO CHORES.

I'm not saying "Junior" shouldn't take out the trash. Or that "The Kids" should not know how to keep house. They should.

I am saying make your child pursue greatness as soon as possible.

I have had few jobs I loved and I hated too many of them.

Some of you are at a job you can't stand now. Do you want that for your children?

Here's what I want you and your family to say "NO" to.

NO...Playstations or game consoles for kids older than ten.

NO...Chores. Chores are for kids named Beaver Cleaver in the 1950's. We 30 years out from the 2050's. You child's chores should be developing an talent and stream of income.

No..."Let my child be a child"
Your child will still be a child but if they like comic books...the tech is there to make their own comic books, movies, and music.

No...gifts from wal-art for people outside the immediate family until you incorporate your child's gifts.
If your child is baking and selling cookies? Everyone you know with your last name should be telling them girl scouts "Sorry my cousin provides our cookies."


Here's what I want you to start.

Start-Finding out what your child could be now.
Don't get scared if it's more than one thing...in fact you should encourage them... if they write...urge them to draw and paint...if they paint...sit them in front of youtube and tell them to look at a photography video. And everyone with your last name should be calling your child to shoot the annual Christmas Card Photo.

Start- Being Flexible. I said No Playstation. However, if your child has a Playstation? Get them a laptop or tablet and have them set up a youtube channel or website to review video games, or movies, or fashion.

Start-Making long term investments in your child's future.
If you know your child is going to college? See if you can start paying on them bills now unless you think the price of college will be lowers in 2040. Save some of that birthday, Christmas money for stocks, bonds, real estate.


And please get a life insurance police on everyone in the house. If they can't get life insurance look into an IRA account.

In Closing: Almost all of us have some kind of resources that we can invest into our children. We do love them , which was the purpose of our parents making us do chores. 

However, I had 2 dish washing jobs in my life and I said in the interview "I do not clean toilets. I hate cleaning mine I am not coming here and clean yours." 

None of the chores I ever did prepared me for the life I want. I agree that money isn't everything...but I do not believe there is a nobility, strength , or heroism in being poor and unhappy.

_______________________________________

Please Support Our Live Events and Sponsors

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Souls On Canvas

ARTISTS WE WANT TO FEATURE YOU! CALLING WOMEN OF COLOR ARTISTS TO SUBMIT UP TO  4 PICTURES FOR OUR!  PREMIERE BLACK BUTTERFLY AWARD SPONSORE...